Responsibilities include developing and modifying manufacturing processes, analyzing problems and developing solutions to manufacturing related problems and coordinating manufacturing processes with other engineering personnel and process improvement teams; establishes and maintains methods and work standards to insure efficient and productive utilization of company resources.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position due to "the operation of a motor vehicle, other vehicle (forklift), equipment, machinery or power tools or the repairing, maintaining or monitoring the performance or operation of any equipment, machinery or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage”.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Leads the development of new or modified manufacturing processes and methods to reduce production costs, improve efficiency, quality, and facilitate processing
• Leads in updating and maintaining process routing systems to include proper routing sequences utilizing the preferred machining or assembly selection, tooling identification, and efficiency factors to provide minimum product cost.
• If required, directs and instructs production personnel of process changes, tooling modifications, program changes, expected output, and other information.
• Leads the review of the product design releases of existing and new parts / assemblies and to recommend design changes that will facilitate product manufacturing or reduce costs.
• Performs industrial engineering activities to provide manufacturing technical assistance, guidance and services.
• Develops and maintains work standards including floor studies by prescribed time study methods. Estimate work standards and time values when required. Write elemental descriptions for each operation.
• Performs the analysis to establish allowances, establish new job standards due to changes in engineering, methods, materials, tooling, equipment or job content.
• Utilizes Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Methodology.
• Mentors or trains other Industrial Engineers on improvement methodologies.
• Works with teams to mistake proof methods and processes.
• Responsible in researching, evaluating, recommending and justifying replacement in the purchasing of additional machine or assembly tools including any peripheral equipment.
• Performs preparation of manufacturing cost estimates.
• Collects and analysis data for statistical process control.
• Conducts capability studies.
• Completes Corrective Action Requests.
• Researches opportunities for material, machine, and tooling improvements.
• Conduct Process FEMAs for machining or assembly operations.
• Assists in the writing of QMS work instructions.
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial, manufacturing, or other applicable engineering area and at least 5 years of experience in a precision machining manufacturing environment.
• Green Belt Lean / Six Sigma certification or 3 years working knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma principles and tools.
• Knowledge of manufacturing functions, including methods, processing, tooling, work standards, plant layout, and cost controls and reduction.
• Knowledge and skills to learn to develop and implement CNC part programming to effectively support machining and robotic operations and assembly processes.
• Knowledge of part holding or fixture design
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed drawings, sketches, notes, and blueprints.
• Knowledge of metric dimensions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
• Flexibility to effectively adapt to changing conditions and job assignments.
• Ability to work well with others.
This company is committed to providing exceptional products and customer service to all of our internal
and external customers. We expect our employees to support our core competencies and mission. All employees
are responsible for following Company policies and procedures, observing safety rules and regulations and may be
required to complete tasks outside their normal responsibilities. It is imperative that all employees possess a
pleasant and friendly attitude toward customers and co-workers. Our employees are self-motivated,
quick learners, and resourceful.