This position is responsible to identify potential new business opportunities, inventions, and/or other revenue sources. The person will work closely with engineering and other business functions to develop new products, product lines, innovations, and other product revenue sources.
This is not a sales position engaged in selling existing product into new segments or customers, however a sales background is a plus. It is a product- and business-development position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in developing new B2B opportunities, as well as skills in sales, market analysis. The candidate should also have a sound understanding of engineering principles, with experience in defining engineered products and/or systems. A Technical and/or Engineering background is a plus.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for mining new revenue paths in existing or adjacent markets that MPP participates in. The candidate will also be working closely with New Product Development Engineering, Sales, and Marketing staff in order to define and produce new product. The candidate will work closely with these functions in order to draft a strategic plan that conducts market research, identifies potential opportunities, makes initial contacts, drafts technical specifications, and develops strong relationships. Travel (35%) throughout the US is required for this position.
Quality and Commitment to Excellence
• Strives to achieve the highest standards of quality and excellence in all activities
Self-Management and Interpersonal Skill
• Strong Entrepreneurial, results-oriented mindset
• Takes appropriate levels of Initiative
• Highly Collaborative
• Strong technical acumen
Collaboration and Relationship Building
• Takes initiative to nurture strong, inclusive, inter-function working relationships
• Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
• Collaborative team player, working closely with multiple functions as needed
• Champion of developing new revenue portfolios
• Helps define Innovation Process
• Contributes to function and company goals
Management, Vision and Strategy
• This position may have direct reports
• Coaching and developing direct reports
• Holds direct reports, and others as assigned, accountable to meet task and company goals
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; MBA preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Demonstrable record of developing new products, business opportunities
• Experience in assessing customer needs and developing unique solutions to customer applications
• Skilled at defining product or system requirements and condensing into engineering requirements documents
• Working knowledge of machine design, hydraulics, electro-mechanical components, and/or engineered systems
• Ability to understand market pricing, customer needs and expectations, products, and service requirements, make evaluations and recommendations
• Ability to analyze trends, data, and conduct competitive analyses in order to identify opportunities; make assumptions and provide recommendations
• Ability to perform financial analysis, make presentations on business case scenarios
• Experience in developing effective presentations that communicate in understandable terms complex technical topics; for both internal and external audiences
Considered a plus:
• Experience in engineering electromechanical or mechanical-hydraulic systems
• Sales or application development with a strong technical background
• Systems engineering experience working with digital/electro-mechanical customer solutions
This company is committed to providing exceptional products and customer service to all of our internal
and external customers. We expect our employees to support our core competencies and mission. All employees
are responsible for following Company policies and procedures, observing safety rules and regulations and may be
required to complete tasks outside their normal responsibilities. It is imperative that all employees possess a
pleasant and friendly attitude toward customers and co-workers. Our employees are self-motivated,
quick learners, and resourceful.