Our company is a 45 person team of researchers, strategists, technologists, writers, designers, animators, data scientists, and engineers based out of Tulsa, OK. We build world-class digital products, brands, content, and growth strategies. We have continued to experience rapid growth and are looking for someone to come lead and build our team.
Location: This role is based in Tulsa, OK
About the Role:
This role will lead the vision, strategy, and direction of engagements. Our differentiators as stated in our strategy is “We align ourselves with goals rather than project definitions. This means we will always fight for what matters.” This sentence, better than any, sums up the role of a Strategist. You’ll be working on a variety of B2B, B2C, and D2C clients with various business models and challenges. Your common focus will be to define the opportunity, challenge our team to be bold, and continually look for ways to help our clients achieve breakthrough growth results. It is an exciting opportunity to be a part of some very ambitious strategies, campaigns, and objectives.
You’ll work closely with our producers whose role is to make sure projects keep momentum while collaborating with directors to build and execute our strategies. Together you will chart the best path forward for our teams, use the right people on our team at the right times to gain momentum, and continually capture the ideas questions and insights needed to move the project forward
We are looking for someone who is passionate about learning for a living, that is after all 90% of the role. You will work with an amazing team of digital marketers, designers, technologists, storytellers, and stewards of the creative process. In short, you will have an incredibly fierce and committed team to help you bring ideas to life and generate results.
- DESIGN AND RUN EFFECTIVE MEETINGS AND WORKSHOPS - A core part of the role is getting into a room, asking the right questions, and making sure we leave with enough information and context to set our team up for success. This might be an initial sales discovery call, a formal 12 person stakeholder discovery meeting, or a quick 30-minute alignment call, the end result should be the same - clarity on the problem, our knowledge gaps, and next steps.
- COMMUNICATE CLEARLY AND CONCISELY - Whether presenting a strategy in a meeting, asking for help in an email or on a tough phone call, being able to bring focus and clarity to a team and ensure that everyone is on the same page and attacking the same goal is a crucial part of being effective.
- CREATE BOLD GO-TO-MARKET STRATEGIES - Every project presents a unique opportunity to pull from a history of tactics that are tried and tested as well as to experiment with new bold ideas. Much of your job is to have a very broad understanding of the entire product and marketing toolbox and know when to apply which tactics. Our incredibly diverse and talented team can be your precision tools, but you must know enough to orient them to each specific opportunity.
- KEEP TEAMS MOTIVATED - Much of what we do is trench warfare. It is hard work that only gets lauded after it has proven itself and we are onto the next project. It’s easy to keep a team motivated when things work flawlessly, but true innovation takes failure, learning, and trying again. A great leader understands that it is their job to keep the team energized and oriented to the right outcomes.
- DRIVE ACCOUNTABILITY AND HAVE HARD CONVERSATIONS - At the end of the day, results are what we get hired for. Managing to results requires building an environment of trust where ideas and insights can be attacked without people feeling attacked. At the same time, hard conversations are much easier to have when they are had early and often. A great director doesn’t shy away from these conversations and knows that each problem represents a growth opportunity.
- BRING A MIXED SKILL AND INTEREST SET - A polymath is a person whose expertise and interests span a wide and diverse range of areas. This type of person has the ability to draw on this wide range of knowledge and experience to solve problems in highly unique and effective ways. You are likely analytical, curious, a question asker, a storyteller, an experimenter, a go-getter, a creator. These kinds of people are often very hard to find.
- Meeting with clients and new business opportunities to understand their business, products, customers, and growth goals.
- Designing and running stakeholder workshops, brainstorm sessions, campaign reviews, and project planning sessions.
- Doing landscape research to understand new markets, competitors, messaging, and marketing tactics.
- Drafting strategy briefs and presentations that clearly communicate growth goals, marketing strategies, and buyer journeys.
- Collaborating with product and marketing teams on prototypes, brand positioning, concepts, and roadmaps.
Location: Tulsa, OK
When you join our team, we promise a few things:
- Competitive pay
- The best benefits available
- Great office space and amenities
- Generous vacation
- Casual dress
- A dog-friendly workplace
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. Gitwit does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.